Thursday 22 September 2016

Getting up close and personal with Classic Clasta



Classic Clasta. Photo: Supplied


Ladies and gents let me introduce to you a voice-over artist, entertainment reporter,a blogger  and content producer for Emalahleni Fm...Classic Clasta! I have met so many young, talented, fun and successful young people, and  Classic Lebo Mashiloane famously known as Classic Clasta happens to be one those. Classic Clasta was born in Johannesburg and raised in Dennilton, Limpopo. 

Growing up was fun for him," I grew up as an energetic young boy who always had the passion of being someone influential in the community" he said. He continued to say another thing that made his childhood awesome was the place he grew up in, it was filled with humanity, love and support from the elders. He is also passionate about education, Classic Clasta is a Journalism and NEMISA Radio Production graduate. Yabona I always thought I was tall until I met this guy, lol.Clasta was raised by a single mother who basically thought him everything he knows today, that is respect, morals and being free spirited, and he is a very proud Mama's boy emdala engaka. He defines himself as crazy hustler, a guy who loves meeting and making new friends. 

Logo for the Classic Clasta brand. Photo: Supplied

We all have something that keeps us motivated, the thing that makes you wake up everyday and want to make a difference. So, I wanted what motivates Classic Clasta and he said " Doing a good job and achieving the desired end result is my primary motivation". Clata said that he is actually motivated by the buzz of working in the entertainment industry. He continued to say " It's very rewarding working closely with others who share the same common goal". 

 This wonderful young and talented guy is not just a dreamer, he dreams big and he works hard. His dreams include being a media mogul, opening an Arts academy and bursary fund for underprivileged hardworking youth. The people that deeply influence him in life are: Sunday Sun's entertainment journalist Dimakatso Motau, Sunday World's journalist Buchule RabaTats Nkonzo, Tol A$$ Mo and his Emalahleni Fm colleagues. 

The most challenging time he has ever faced in his life was being unemployed, he describes it as " the most painful journey I don't wish for anyone". Through that difficult time, Classic Clasta learnt and mastered the art of being patient and accepting that it was not his time. " God listens to our prayers and prepares as well as tests for our readiness to the prayers we send to him" he said. Clasta is feels very blessed when he looks at his life right now, he even said " I must say by the time the Almighty answered my devotions, I was highly equipped, and look at God now"...Amen brother!

Classic Clasta. Photo: Supplied



His very first job was an unpaid internship at The Times newspaper, he needed the job so he could graduate for his Diploma in Journalism. Straight after that, Clasta worked as an entertainment journalist for the Sowetan newspaper. This 25 year old says his big achivements in life that are very close to his heart include being a judge for the 19th annual MTN South African Music Awards under " Best Kwaito Album" in 2013, interviewing Africa's biggest names in the entertainment industry: Black Coffee, D'Banj, DJ Mahoota, Soul brothers and Yvonne Chaka Chaka among others, joining Emalahleni Fm.
Clasta's writting was published in top publications and websites including: trufm.co.za, gbooza.com, filmcontact.co.za, sowetanlive.co.za, sapressonline.com and dispatchlive.co.za.

" To be honest, it is very bright, I need shades" said Clasta referring to his future. Before 3021 he wants to be an MC, brand publicist, join a commercial radio, have an entertainment website and own a telecommunication company. It is possible hey, remember Nelson Mandela once said " It seems impossible until it is done".

To motivate all the young people embarking on the same journey as his, Classic Clasta said " Be prepared and develop a thick skin because people will take advantage of you in a good or bad way" he continued to say not everyone in your life will be interested in walking beside you as you embark on the journey, but just do what makes you happy.



Quick Facts:

1. Who do you follow on twitter?

Khuli Roberts, Gabi Mbele, Vusi Nova, Pravin Gang DJ, the list is endless LOL!!!

2. What is that one thing people would be surprised to know about you?

In 2010, I got into a fight and they broke nose… Lol, now they know eish

3. What item in your closet do you wear the most?

Besides my underwear, I love my baggy vest and torn jeans

4. What is the best advice you have been given?

I was adviced by my High School French Teacher, Mr. Davids that “The First answer is always from GOD”. It has been ages since I was told this but believe you me; I live with this advice single day of my life. The second one was given to me by my Journalism Lecturer, He said: “Party HARD and always Study HARD” and I did exactly that hey (Laughs)

5. What quote do you live by?

“I Can, I will…End of story!”

Social Media:
FB: Classic Clasta OyiBlessr
Twitter: @ClassiqueClasta
Instagram: classicclata


  
blog: www.classiqueclasta.wordpress.com

There you have it. Till the next blog, Vuka ubangene,ungagezi bangene unuka LOL!

5 comments:

  1. Hats off to Clasta, great passage to read... Keep pushing my guy

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I feel so honoured and blessed to know this guy, reading this passage just ignited a spark of passion in me, Classic you really are classical like your name, you are a force to be reckoned with.. words fail...I'm proud of you. May God bless you abundantly and grant you all your wishes and may you reach all your dreams!!! Wuuuuu Shame ♡♥♥♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. Clasta is such a great,fun, successful and talented guy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am lucky to have worked with you although we didn't get much far but your such an inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was in the same class in high school with this guy, from 2004 - 2008,at first he seemed very shy but with time he broke out of his shell and became the funniest guy I knew. Classic and a friend started our class magazine. It feels so good seeing him succeed. Keep going Boi.

    ReplyDelete