Wednesday 10 August 2016

CELEBRATING NOKUTHULA PLATITUDE MTSHWENI

"NEVER LET YOUR PAST OR UPBRINGING DETERMINE YOUR FUTURE" NOKUTHULA PLATTY MTSHWENI

Since we are still in August which is women's month, it would really be wrong of me not to celebrate this amazing woman. Ladies and gents check out my interview with the ever beautiful producer, voice over artist and news reader just to name a few.......

1. Would you say media is your calling, and if so, when did you realize that?
I wouldn't say it was a calling but I have always been passionate about broadcasting. I have always loved to be ask questions and be informed about my surroundings.

2. Tell me about the day you got a job at the SABC, how did it feel like?
Wow, I can remember that day like it was yesterday. It was 10 years ago, 2 days before my birthday, I was about to do the afternoon drive at KCRS Fm. I was so excited and emotional at the same time. It's actually the day I realized that God answers when you least expect but His timing is always perfect
3. You are a community coordinator at Save the Children S.A, tell me about that.
Save the Children SA is an NGO that fights for children's rights and helps them fulfill their potential. My role in the organisation is to manage the volunteer programme and also assist the marketing and communications department.

4. What does women's month mean to you?
Celebrating women who were courageous enough to stand up for what they believed in.  Our generation can let a lot from the likes of Lillian Ngoyi, Sophie De Bruyn and Albertina Sisulu. They decided that 'enough is enough' and took action. As women we face different challenges. We can over come some by being united and building each other instead of seeing each other as competition #PullHerDownSydromeMustFall.  

5. What do you love about being a woman?
 We run the world. We are strong enough to bear children and still be  energetic enough to provide for them. 

6. The past year you presented two awards at the MPSMA and this year you are a nominee, what does that mean to you?
“I’m truly humbled and honoured to be nominated especially being recognized alongside the person who showed me the ropes the great Vusi Ndlovu. To vote for me please sms "Tvpersonality Nokuthula" to 44936. Thank you in advance for your vote.   

7. What would winning this award mean to you?
I've been on TV for a year so to me winning would actually mean that I am on the right path. I would like to thank those who nominated me. I'm thrilled and surprised and already feel like a winner just for being included.   

8. What role has professional learning played in your life?
It has taught me patience, discipline, the power of the internet and that hard work pays off in the end.

9. What can you say to a young woman who looks up to you and would like to be where you are today?

Respect your parents, those around you and most importantly respect yourself. Never let your upbringing, past or circumstances determine your future and don't let anyone hold you back. Your dreams are valid, don't ever give up on them. Most importantly. don't allow anyone to cast a shadow over your light.

No comments:

Post a Comment