Monday 29 August 2016

STOP RACISM AT PRETORIA GIRLS HIGH




I should say that i am actually proud of the young brave girls of Pretoria High School who are demanding that racist practices at the school should end. It is so sad that these girls are being forced to straighten their hair, and they are accussed of conspiring when standing in groups.


Some of the black girls cried when they explained the alleged racism they receive from their white teachers. In the morning, Gauteng education MEC Panyaza Lesufi visited the school, and this is what he was told by one of the girls: " I have a natural afro, but a teacher told me I need to comb my hair because it looks like a birds nest," the girls are told to stop making funny noises when they speak in vernacular, like this is so so sad people of God.
" I am truly sorry and I can assure you that it end here. You have my support and I will protect you. Your pain will never again continue for as long as I'm still the MEC in this province" said Lesufi


These pupils should just be left alone,let them rock their afros, like why should they straighten their hair?...maybe they should try telling the white pupils to just have them afros.


Black child continue to rock that afro.


Why are they saying their afro makes the school uniform look 'untidy'? what is actually wrong with braids, dreadlocks and bantu knots?
We salute you black child, young and brave woman.Continue to plant those weaves, do those braids and dreadlocks and only relax your hair when it suits you, not because a white person told you to. I know that these young girls have spoken on behalf of many young girls who face such ' racism' in their schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment