Wednesday 27 July 2016



Still on Mpumalanga Sunshine Media Awards guys. I took time and profiled this phenomenal artist. I must say GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO GO OUT AND HUSTLE!


IT IS WITH SO MUCH PLEASURE TO PRESENT TO YOU MXOLISI 'SPICE' TSHABALALA



1.      For those who do not know you, who is Mxolisi "Spice" Tshabalala?

 Spice is a versatile hard working recording artist, a producer and also an event’s organizer from Mzinoni Bethal who owns his independent label called Paper Chase Records.

2.      Your track "i number number" made it to the MTV Rate or Hate. Tell me about that.

I was humbled by the support we got from fans rating iNumber number music video which I directed to win best video of January on MTV Base Rate or Hate

3.      The past year you won an award for best Hip Hop song of the year at the MPSMA, how did that change your career?

I must say it did not change My career cause I still face the same challenges like before as a local artist, not enough platform to show case the craft, no big radio interviews as an award winning artist, infect they close more door, but because I mean business and love my craft I’m working ten times harder to push my music and branding myself.

4.      You are nominated again this year in the same category but now with your new song "Push'ilife". Tell me about the song.

Yes but not yet final nominee we still at the campaigning stages. The song features Sands an aspiring afro soul artist from Swaziland, and the song addresses struggles we face ekasi (Poverty, unemployment & hunger for success) and also a motivation to our young black brothers and sisters to keep pushing its possible no matter what dream do come true.

5. So before the MPSMA, you will be at the Beauty, Fashion and Music awards. You are nominated there again, not once but three different categories. How are you feeling?

It’s good to be recognized for your hard work as an artist especially locally, 3 nominations as an independent recording artist it’s a sign no more turning back now.

6. Now this means sleepless nights, you have to campaign for all these awards. What is the plan?
Hard work was in studio making this music to sound good for the people to enjoy, fans will spend their money on something that makes them feel good or something that speaks to them, at the end of the day for me it’s not about winning the awards it’s about touching peoples life’s with my craft.

7. Who inspires you?

I have more than one artist I look up to in the industry cause I respect they hustle to name the few Dj Sbu, Black Coffee, Cassper Nyovest and K.O not only because they are artist cause they are also enterpreneurs

8. You are really a perfect example that one does not need to be from the suburbs to make it in life. There is a young person out there who is so talented and would really love to be where you are, what would you say to advise them?

A Dream without hard work, perseverance, discipline and sacrifices will never come true, you can be talented but without those four things your success will never sustain.
 


 Trust me his new single 'Phush'ilife' is a hit check it out.

To vote for him on BFM awards SMS

 iNumber number music video of the year to 34605
iNumber number Song of the year to 34605
Spice artist of the year to 34605

To Vote for him on MPSMA SMS 
Hip hop Push’iLife to 44936


No comments:

Post a Comment