Wednesday 29 March 2017

Sipho Mbele makes AmaNdebele proud


Actor and writer, Sipho Mbele. Photo: Facebook

It gives me the goodness of pleasure to be writing today about about a man that has made amaNdele so proud. A father, friend, writer of  Take It From Me: A man's perspective and a graduate from the Tshwane University of Technology. The founder of Mbelesiholdings. I am talking about Sipho Mbele.

For a very long time Ndebele speaking people have been sidelined, we cannot ignore that fact but myself and other Ndebele speaking people are so glad that  Mbele got himself a role on etv's Scandal. This 44 year old from Boekenhouthoek made his debut appearance last night where he plays a character of a construction man and a former miner, Donald Mahlangu.

Missed the episode? here is the YouTube link

https://youtu.be/O1-16MT89Gs

Donald Mahlangu as a former miner has made it in life and wants to recruit his friends to come work with him. " He respects time that is why he likes saying time is bucks," said Mbele when I asked him about his character. He said that hard work and determination have put him where he is today, " I have been working hard on my own and with the support of my family, and yes I am happy that this role came and a right time." He said that this is a step to a right direction for him as a Ndebele.
Mbele has indeed been working hard to get into the industry as he has had small roles in Jacobs Cross, Mthunzini.com, Soul City, Unexpected 2 and Muvhango.



He said that he is really humbled and overwhelmed about the love and support he gets from Ndebele speaking people, expressing his graditude Mbele said: " I never imagined that this will happen and thank you Ndzundza no Manala ngiyathokoza."




Mbele confirmed that we will be seeing more of  Donald Mahlangu on Scandal, " I shot many episodes and I hope that my role will be taken to another level as it has that potential let alone being Ndebele."
 He has a lot that he is doing this year, he has shot his own talk show, IsiNdebele mini series in the pipeline, second book on the way and he is planning on going back to his show which he did for almost 20 years at the Kangala Community Radio Station.




To motivate everyone me and you, Mbele said: " Never give up and it does not matter where you come from"
" If you have it in you, one day it will be seen and appreciated. Patience is a virtue."

10 comments:

  1. I see creativty mntwana #unique uyangenzela #DonaldMahlanguOnScandaletv


    #KwandebeleMovingCircle

    #KwandebeleNetworkingCircle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, that's my Author right there, very proud indeed... This is very inspiring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is inspiring hey, it even gives us hope to never give up

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Let us hope that we will be seeing more of Ndebele speaking people on our TV screens ey

      Delete
  4. Well written..indeed we are proud..its about time that Ndebele people showcase their talent..I know the man and I know ukuthi he's a very hard worker..I believe good things are coming this is just the beginning...Yeeeepy Mbele!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dankie...we wish him all the best

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. He is one of a kind...we are proud of him

      Delete